Friday, April 11, 2014

White Linen Chair and Settee

Lorraine is one of my repeat clients that I have had forever! I love when she calls and we get to add another beautiful piece to her amazing home!

 Chair---BEFORE--it did have the original Red/cream buffalo check slipcover on it, but I forgot to take the before pic with it on.


 CHAIR---AFTER--White linen from Joanns. Lorraine was nervous about it being too thin, so I fully lined the whole slipcover with muslin. Triple fullness on the gathered skirt, and arm pads for extra protection against wear and tear.


I added 1" for drag on the skirts.



 SETTEE---BEFORE! This was for her master bedroom and was sorely missed while I was working on it. Apparently it's everyones favorite seat.


 Settee--AFTER! This one is fully lined with muslin as well, and a set of arm pads to keep it nice.




I love all her vintage pieces and collectibles!


SIDE NOTES

- This week was spring break for the kids so we headed south to St. George where its a bit warmer. We went to Sand Hollow State Park to try out our new paddle boards. This place was AMAZING! They call it "Little Lake Powell".





There were tons of rocks to jump off--kids loved it. The water was still a bit chilly in April, but it was 80 degrees out--so we can't complain!


We also headed to Zions National Park and hiked Angels Landing. The boys did great. It was a bit of a crazy hike! We originally planned on paddle boarding that day, but when we got to the reservoir it was way too WINDY! So we headed to Zions in swim suits, swim dress, and flip flops for our hike.

 Here we are at the top of Angel's Landing! At least the boys had tennis shoes on! Heber let me wear his water shoes (we are the same size) and he hiked the whole thing in flip flops! As for me I made do and tied my dress up and enjoyed the crazy 5 mile hike. Like I always tell my boys…"Find a Solution."




Photobucket Photobucket get it covered photo coveredbutton.jpg the whole 9 yards photo whole9yards.jpg

1 comment:

CinLMomto5 said...

Hi Shelley! I was on Pinterest looking for ruffled slipcovers and found your work. It’s absolutely gorgeous!! I have 2 arm chairs that I’m dying to have slip covered and I want my covers exactly like the way you make yours. I’m no seamstress though, so I would need to buy pre-made ones or have custom ones done. Yours are just beautiful!!