Friday, January 18, 2013

Menswear Plaid slipcovers

These slipcovers were for a neighborhood friend that is a midwife. She is setting up a birthing suite for her business. The red couches weren't working for her, so we headed to the fabric store to pick out fabric. I LOVE the fabric store!


 Couches--BEFORE


 COUCHES---AFTER--She wanted something cozy, but fresh and updated. We found this great menswear type plaid.


They only had 29 yds left of the plaid (I wanted 34 yds)--so we chose a solid light blue for the piping. Ideally I wanted 30 yds without the piping, but I thought I could make it work.  It was TIGHT!!! I was still able to match all the vertical stripes and most of the horizontal.

I did use duck cloth on the decking to save fabric. I also had to use it on the zipper section of the seat cushions (it doesn't show)---There was nothing left!


The chair we chose this great textured cream chenille fabric---so soft and cozy and inviting!




Oops---I just realized the right cushion needs to be flipped over so the horizontal stripes on the front of the cushion line up.




She was still working on some painting when I brought these back. Look how cute those kitchen chairs and table are going to be.



What a great place to come for prenatal care appts!


Side Note--

--Heading to Maui in a 10 days!!! Can't wait to feel the sun again.

--Marathon training is going good--- our long run next week is supposed to be 11 miles...hopefullly it warms up a bit!

--Work studio is coming along...insulation is done, and sheet rock is being hung today! I picked out flooring yesterday and it's being delivered today!! I chose a gray tone handscraped laminate...it's Beautiful!!! Now I want to put it in the rest of my house!

Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

Home is where the Army sends us said...

I am trying to find a set of couches like these in the red plaid do you happen to know what brand they are?