Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Denim chair with ticking stripe piping

Just got back from running Wasatch Back Relay this past weekend...had a blast like always. This race is from Logan to Park City, Ut. The best part was Heber pacing me on a bike during my ten mile night run at 3am on a trail beside Echo Resevoir with the full moon. My legs were 3.2 miles flat, 10 miles with a little bit of uphill, and 3.2 miles super steep the whole way (Ragnar hill).

Anyhow onto my slipcover post...this was for my upholster's client. I loved the orange leather and joked about redoing one of my chairs for the clinet if I could keep this orange one.

They chose a dark denim for the main body and used a navy/white ticking stripe for the piping. I loved the way the contrasting piping framed the chair, and showed off the great lines of it.


Before...Orange Leather



After with dark denim with ticking stripe piping. Sorry another picture in the driveway...which means Heber was dropping this one off for me.



Sorry the ticking stripe doesn't show so well in this pic.
I loved the lines of this chair...we did end up doing velcro under the very edge of the chair, and I sewed the other side of the velcro the the seam allowance on the piping along the bottom edge. This way it keeps the slipcover in place after it's sat in. The leather made it sort of slippery and would slide up.



Back corner
Front edge...I angled the seam from the inside arm to the outer edge, so the bottom edge would look cleaner.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Barefoot Blueberry said...

You are brilliant!! I'm a runner too, but I have a feeling I'm not quite as fast. Way to go on both accomplishments!!

Amy
barefootblueberry.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Wow the chair looks stunning.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Bowing to the Queen!!

Janet xox