Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another DVD tesitmonial/ chair redo

So I opened my email last night and recieved an email that made my day...just thought I'd share.

I am just about done with my new slipcovers for the front room....let me just tell you I am in LOVE!!! I just have two more cushions and I'll be done. I decided to change it up and eliminate the skirt and show off the legs. The fabric is kind of a menswear dark grey/brown. It makes my pillows look a ton cuter. I'll post pics when I am done. Anyhow onto the email that made my day.


Shelley,
I have to tell you, my hopes were pretty high when I ordered your DVD. I've just a marginal hobbiest, but for some reason I was really believing your DVD would answer all my questions. And, guess what??

IT DID!!

I loved your presentation, your thorough instructions and tips; I even appreciated your music selection. Your simple style and straight-forward approach really make me believe I can sew one of these dang things! I felt like you were just my neighbor and you were helping me with a project.

Now, I can't wait to get my Bernina tooned-up, find some fabric and some time and tackle my crazy sectional!

Thanks so much!


Here is a link to my sisters blog that shows sledding pics at the cabin....click here

I know you all like to see pics and not just read words, so here is another before and after. I know the driveway isn't the best place for pics...but I do what I can.
 Chair before


 Chair after...she chose this darling yellow and cream print. She decided to go with a smaller piping than normal probably 1/8", and I actually liked it alot. There was no seat cushion so tuck in around the seat and I did piping and a band around the front of the chair.


 Here is the upper back, you can see the smaller piping here and the darling print. I saw this print in red a long time ago, but I absolutely love it in yellow.


 Side view


Showing the band along the front...and yes I matched up the stripes.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lavender and Linen said...

You did a great job! I love the color also.

April @ The Painted Cupboard said...

Fantastic job!!! NOw, I hope I can do as well!!